Monday 17 September 2012

Stop pop-up ads in Google Chrome

It is true that most websites make their money by having ads on their webpages and that's ok, but when the advertisement expands and completely blocks me from viewing the webpage i'm on it becomes a problem (to me).

Here's how you can stop these ads from bugging you in Google Chrome:

You can install a really wonderful Google Chrome add-on called Adblock Plus (also available for Firefox browser).

NB:  If you're using Internet Explorer as your browser of choice (smile) you can use Adblock IE, (but it has not been updated for quite some time and will not be as effective as Adblock Plus)

____________
Several persons have asked me (on Facebook instead of using the comments section in the blog) whether or not I actually use the software I recommend on my blog.  Duhhh, of course I DO, that's how I know what works from what is pure crrrr...lol.

5 comments:

  1. Please let me know what your experience is with whichever of the add-ons you decide to use - especially adblockplus. It really DO WORK for me in Chrome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. who uses IE anyway
    will let u know how it goes

    ReplyDelete
  3. NICE!! even blocks out the annoying ones u get while watchin live streams.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a pretty good tool. I have been using it for a while now and it work's for me.

      Delete

Add comment here