Thursday 27 September 2012

Top Free Antivirus Software

If you own a computer, uses it to browse the World Wide Web, download files and use removable storage devices such as flash drives you NEED antivirus/anti-malware software.

Now the best protection software tend to come at a fair price, but there is a free option (for some "anti-baddies" software) as long as you remember that the free version of a paid program will have limitations.

So even though I will give you my recommendations, know that it's best (and makes sense) to have the full or pro version if you can afford it.  Here is my list with links to the software:

  1. Avg Antivirus Free 2013
  2. Comodo Antivirus
  3. Avira Free Antivirus 2012
  4. Microsoft Security Essentials
  5. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free 1.51
Just in case you are wondering, I am currently using AVG Internet Security Pro 2013 and Eset Smart Security 5 on my computer systems (and NO! Both of them are not installed on the same machine...lol)

7 comments:

  1. have you looked at Microsoft essential? I would place it third on that list. I have worked with those you mentioned, AVG pro. I would recommend,I use the enterprise edition at work and nothing slips by that bad boy. But for free protection I would rate Microsoft's Security Essentials as one of the very best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not recommend Free Antivirus either but I must present the option to the masses

    ReplyDelete
  3. official windows 8 with 28 days trial avg... when trial is over is either crack or back to ubuntu... windows is just the mecca of viruses

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I say crack and keep...lol. Avg 2013 I assume?
      x86 8MEH RAJC2 O3P77 KRRQA H3SLN REMBR ACED
      x64 8MEH RXYFD JUV72 8922R FTBZ6 QEMBR ACED

      Delete
  4. 1. AVG
    2. Avira Free Antivirus 2012
    3. Microsoft Security Essentials

    Crack versions most definitely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. x86 (32 bit) =
    8MEH-R336M-QDYTV-ECNOR-6VWKU-CEMBR-ACED

    x64 (64 bit) =
    8MEH-RAJC2-O3P77-KRRQA-H3SLN-REMBR-ACED

    ReplyDelete

Add comment here